The parenting book say “At this stage, children try out new things and explore the world around them more actively. They will often choose their own activities and may not always like being told what to do”. I am in love with 18 months.
I want to freeze time right here and keep you this way. At least for a little while. You can do a lot of things independently, you can follow directions, and you are a pretty happy little girl, with a smile to die for. Every day is an adventure, you are turning into quite the little explorer. You are getting stronger and every day you are becoming more able to communicate your wishes with words. We have started having real conversations. You have been perfecting a number of skills
- feeding yourself,
- drinking from my cup,
- dancing in rhythm ( you are better co-ordinated than your dad and I)
- being able to identify different things i.e. body parts, family and places
- Love rolling around in our new king size bed
- Enjoying your settling days at the nursery and loving spending time with Nana Phyllis ( mummy’s going back to work in a weekL )
- Blowing lovely kisses at me and started to reply, “Love you!” when I tell you I love you. Each time, my heart skips a beat.
- I get giddy when I see your wheels begin to turn as you learn something new. And you are always so eager to learn new things, so long as it’s not me trying to force you to learn them.
- You do things in your own way and in your own time, and I am learning to be okay with this.
- But most of all, your amazing personality shines, you kindness and generosity of spirit. So our everyday interactions are undergoing huge changes.
- Walks or runs everywhere. She can even walk up stairs if I’m holding one hand and she’s holding the railing.
- Finally has enough hair to put up, I think we’ll have real pigtails before you are 2.
Eighteen month stats:
- Height: 79 cm (33 inches) 50% of growth percentile. Weight: 10.6kgs, 50% of growth percentile. I think this is the highest weight percentile since you were born. Head Circumference: 48cm or 18.9″
Thank you for stopping by 🙂 Please leave a comment to let me know you’ve been here xx